Ingredients (for 2 persons; serve over noodles or rice for a heartier meal)
For the soup:
- 2 cups of salt-free chicken stock
- 1 cup of water
- 2 spring onions, chopped into long pieces.
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp of fish sauce
- Salt to taste
- Chilli flakes to taste
- A handful of vegetables of your choice
- 2 bags of green tea
For the Chicken:
- 2 Chicken breasts, skin on
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of white pepper
- 1 tsp of oil
For the garnish:
- A few juliennes of ginger
- A sprinkle of finely chopped spring onions/ chives and chillies
- Marinate the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and the oil and roast for 25-30 minutes in an oven preheated to 180 C until cooked (Internal temperature, 70 C). Once done, set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, place a deep pan over high heat, add in the stock, water, ginger and spring onion, place the lid on and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium- low, add in the fish sauce, salt and the chilli flakes, place the lid on and simmer gently for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the vegetables until al-dente and set aside.
- When ready, take the soup off the heat and with the lid on, let it stand for a minute.
- In a deep serving pot or a jug, place the tea bags and through a strainer, pour in the clear soup.
- Let it steep for 3-4 minutes covered and then fish out the tea bags very carefully with a slotted spoon.
- Arrange the chicken and vegetables in a bowl, top with garnish, pour in the soup and enjoy.