Ingredients (for 4 persons)
- 1 kg of chicken drumsticks and/or thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 2 tbsp of Za’atar
- ¼ tsp of salt; adjust to taste
- 2 tbsp of Greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- Chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1-2 tsp of lemon juice
- Whisk all of the ingredients except the chicken in a bowl until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and mix well until all of the pieces are well coated.
- Place in a non-reactive bowl, cover well with cling-film and refrigerate overnight or at least an hour.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven at 200 C and place the chicken at room temperature
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of baking sheet and place the pieces of chicken without crowding them.
- Roast for 40 -45 minutes until the meat is cooked through and the skin is crispy.
- Serve with lots of fresh salad, creamy dips, couscous, rice and/or flat breads and enjoy.