These cocoa brownie fudge are a thing of beauty. They come together in jiffy and can be enjoyed by all. Quick and easy to make using widely available naturally gluten free ingredients, these cocoa brownie fudge are great as gifts and work beautifully for celebrations, holidays and parties. I, however, have them prepped and ready quite regularly for when I crave a little treat for a snack or a bit of dessert post meal.
Ingredients (for 24-28 truffles):
- 1 can or 400 grams of sweetened condensed milk
- 70 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 200 grams of dark or milk chocolate chopped in pieces
- 40 grams of unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Sprinkles/ chopped nuts/ dried coconut/ more cocoa powder to coat the fudge as preferred
- Pour the condensed milk into a cool pan.
- Pass cocoa powder through a sieve and into the pan to catch any lumps and impurities.
- Place the pan on low heat and stir constantly until thickened. Within minutes, the mixture starts to thickens into thick cake batter like consistency.
- Add the salt and keep stirring on low heat until it resembles brownie batter and then take it off the heat.
- Stir for a couple of minutes to cool slightly and add butter and chocolate of your choice.
- Mix to combine to make a uniform dough.
- Transfer into a dish lined with greaseproof paper or plastic wrap and firmly press it in.
- Set aside to cool completely in the fridge or at room temperature.
- Once it’s set, transfer onto a plate and slice them into uniform portions.
- Shape as desired and roll in sprinkles/ chopped nuts/ dried coconut/ cocoa powder.
- Enjoy cool or at room temperature as a snack with tea or coffee or simply on its own.
- Store in an air-tight container refrigerated for up to a week.